ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR HAREWOOD
SPECIALISING IN ROBOTIC
OR "DA VINCI PROSTATECTOMY"
overview of interests
Mr. Laurence Harewood B.Sc., MB.BS., F.R.A.C.S. Urologist.
Associate Professor Laurence Harewood is an urologist with over 40 years experience. He
specialises in diseases of the urinary and genital tracts of both men and women. His particular
areas of interest are:
- Robotic surgery for Prostate Cancer and Kidney Cancer
- Benign enlargement of the prostate (BPH).
- Cancer of the prostate.
- Cancer of the kidney, bladder and testes.
- Kidney stones.
- Infections of the urinary tract.
- Problems relating to the penis and testes.
He is able to offer the following range of services:
- Medical and surgical treatment of the benign prostate including
- Trans Urethral Resection of the Prostate TURP
- Laser treatment of the prostate: Greenlight Laser Prostatectomy
- Rezum steam treatment for benign enlargement of the prostate.
- Trans Perineal Biopsy of the prostate in men who have been found to have a raised PSA test.
- Surgical treatment of Cancer of the Prostate including:
- Robotic Radical Prostatectomy
- NanoKnife Irreversible Electroporation of the prostate
- Surgical management of Cancer of the Kidney including:
- Robotic Partial Nephrectomy
- Robotic Radical Nephrectomy
- Modern treatment of Kidney stones including:
- Percutaneous treatment of kidney stones.
- Ureteroscopic treatment of ureteric stones
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Treatment of kidney stones ESWL.
- Laser treatment
- Endoscopy of the lower urinary tract to investigate all bladder problems including blood in the urine.
- Operations on the penis and testes including: